A 10-year old boy, Kimu has died in Mangochi after been electrocuted, police have confirmed.
His case follows the death of a 15 year old Felix, pupil at Gracious Private School, which is at MVC in Nasenga, along the Mangochi-Monkeybay road.
Kimu died Saturday as he was playing with his friends in Nyambi village and stepped over the live wire. His friends did not touch him but alerted elders who took the boy to Namwera Health Centre where he was pronounced dead, and post-mortem showed that he died of trauma from electric shock.
Felix died after touching a live wire that was hanging across the route to the garden of his grandmother, where he wanted to go and get a key for their house after he was sent back from school because he was not in uniform.
Escom officials were not readily available for comment, but we understand that officials wernt to both scenes for investigations.
Amina Daudi of Mangochi Police Public Relations Office confirmed of the sad news.