Breaking News:

Just In, News

Education ministry irks nation on selection list

0

Despite releasing this year’s standard eight and form two examinations results, the ministry of education failed to release selection list of form ones, prompting parents to be running up and down searching for the results.

The ministry was blamed for failing to release the results in time and as that was not enough, it just released the list of those who passed last Wednesday.

To make matters worse, form one and form three students have been ordered to report to their respective schools next Monday, without giving parents time to prepare.

Out of 255,087 candidates who sat for this year’s Primary School Leaving Certificate of Education Examinations, 197,222 candidates have qualified for the award of the Primary School Leaving Certificate of Education.

“This represents a 77.32% pass rate. Out of 197,222 internal candidates who passed the examinations, 69,587 candidates have been selected to various public secondary schools, representing a 35.28% selection rate,” reads a statement from the ministry signed by Charles Msosa, the ministry’s secretary.

Out of 133,113 candidates who sat for this year’s Junior Certificate of Education Examinations, 103,447 candidates have qualified for the award of the Junior Certificate of Education. This represents a 77.71% pass rate.

All candidates are informed that their results are available in all Education Division Offices, District Education Offices and in all Public and Grant-Aided Secondary Schools.

“All queries about the JCE results must be channelled to MANEB through the Head Teachers at schools where candidates wrote their examinations. MANEB will not entertain any query about the results made directly to the Board by candidates or any other individual. All officially channelled queries should reach MANEB by 14th October, 2016. After this date, no further queries will be entertained,” adds the statement.

All students who have been selected to start Form 1 are requested to report to schools they have been selected to by 11th September, 2016 for boarding scholars, and 12th September, 2016 for all day scholars. Similarly all candidates who have passed their JCE must report to their respective schools on 11th September, 2016 for boarding scholars and 12th September, 2016 for day scholars.

Related Posts

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Saulos Chilima: A masqueraded Messiah or a devil not yet known?

    Frank Kamanga Historically, in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed is king. This is probably why -and it is a worldwide phenomenon- desperate peoples around the globe are hanging by the slenderest of threads, putting their hope and trust in figures that either present themselves, or are being portrayed as modern-age “Messiahs”, vowing to…

  • Mrs Mia inspires DPP senior officials

    In a leaked whatsapp conversation among DPP gurus the blue officials said they wish Mrs Abida Mia who has a hardworking spirit was in their team. The DPP officials which include; Ben Phiri, Ngeme Kalilani and Nicholas Dausi just to mention a few said Abida Mia is an insiration to all women in politics. One…

  • FLASH BACK: Kaliati and cadets strip Eastern Region Chief naked, dethrone him

    By Nyasa Times Published: June 6, 2011 Chief Mponda of Nsamala Village in Balaka district, who claim to have been paraded naked by Democratic Progressive Party DPP) Youth Cadets last month, has cried foul over the news that he has been stripped off his chieftaincy. Mponda was beaten up, rubbed down with buffalo beans (chitedze)…

  • DPP, UTM wrestle over corruption evidence

    Two of Malawi’s political parties; the United Transformation Party (UTM) and the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) are pointing fingers at each other over corruption allegations. DPP’s Nicholas Dausi said that Chilima’s secrets will be revealed if he continues to talk ill about the DPP. “He has skeletons in his wardrobe, but he is busy talking…

  • Buleya Lule was electrocuted, assaulted

    Malawi’s Forensic Pathologist and Clinical Forensic Physician, Charles Dzamalala has released results of the medical investigation on the death of Buleya Lule, a suspect in the abduction of Dedza boy born with albinism. Buleya Lule died suddenly on Wednesday, 21st February 2019 while in Police custody after being arrested when he was being suspected to…

  • JB tells govt to speak out on Buleya

    The former President of the country, Joyce Banda has urged government to speak out on how a susppect who was accused of taking a role in the abduction of people living with albinism  died in Police custody. The former President said Malawians need answers on Buleyas death. “This man who died mysteriously in the hands…

css.php