Disregard allegations of corruption in the Procurement of ambulances by the ministry of Health Social media is awash with information alleging corruption on the Ambulance deal.
The outcry comes following notification on intent to award contract to Grandview International of Lusaka, Zambia to supply 35 Toyota Land Cruiser Ambulances amid the following bidders
1. Toyota Malawi Toyota Land Cruiser $47,800.00
2. Nissan Malawi Nissan Patrol $56,241.61
3. Mike Appeal & Gatto Land Cruiser $61,384.00
4. Grandview International Land Cruiser $63, 000.00
5. Med Point Dazzie Land Cruiser $64,750.00
6. Paramount Holdings Land Cruiser $65,000.00
7. ARK Agencies Land Cruiser $72,000.00
8. Skywaves Land Cruiser $77,007.36
9. Good Hope Land Cruiser $112,281.88
The truth of the matter is that this process started in February 2020 by the former President Peter Mutharika. Meanwhile the Ministry of Health under current Government has said will review the tendering process.